Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 June 2013

"A Wallet-Ectomy" The 11 most Overrated Cosmetic Procedures.

"A Wallet-Ectomy."

As cosmetic doctors we do get rather excited about promising advances in our field.
Sadly however quite a significant number of such advances prove to be in the nature of ‘vendre un canard à moitié’ (to half-sell a duck)!

The 11 Most Overrated Cosmetic Surgery Procedures from Allure magazine:

http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/2013/overrated-cosmetic-surgery-procedures#slide=12

2 comments:

  1. Good to see an article like this.
    Over the years I have developed a pet hate:
    I have observed some providers in our industry hide the reality of equipment with inadequate results, because they are paying off that equipment and need patients to continue to use that equipment to pay it off. Or that they benefit in some other way from endorsing the equipment.
    I say cop the loss, bring the truth and learn from your mistake. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could not agree more Dr. Naomi. I have observed many techno-failures out there among only a few impressive examples. When I first commenced activity in this field I remember attending a training workshop in one of our interstate colleague's clinic. A laser machine (originally costing close to $200,000) the size of a baby grand piano was present in one room. When I enquired as the use of this impressive piece of equipment they told me it was so useless that it now was being used as a coffee table. There were cups on the table to confirm this! I'm now very cautious and rather sceptical about machines sold with a promise to create dream results but delivering nightmares instead.

      Delete